Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's Time To Eat.......Well, Almost

The puppies are all doing well and gaining weight. Not tons of weight but a slow steady gain and that's good. Knowing Bella doesn't have a lot of milk, tonight I decided to offer formula in a tiny saucer to the pups. What a mess!

Here's Rose, the larger of the two girls:
Photobucket

She was sort of laying down, almost like if she were nursing:
Photobucket
Aren't her colors beautiful.

Then she tried it with one foot in the bowl and tried to lick it off the paper towel:
Photobucket

Rose had the most interest of the four pups. The boys, Vinnie and Paulie, just took a tiny bit.
Anna had a few laps too. Here's a picture I took of her this evening. Her coloring is a bit darker than Rose's. You can already see the hair growing up & fanning out above her nose.
Photobucket

To me they look like pure Shih-Tzu. I don't see anything else in them. Of course the only way to know for sure is a DNA test. Regardless, they're darling.

Last night at 1:45 I was awakened along with the entire house. I heard a puppy crying and knew immediately what had happened. One of the pups had crawled out of the bed, got "stranded" and had a fit. When I went into the kitchen Bella was just sitting there watching. She's pretty small and maybe the puppies are too big for her to pick up. So I put the puppy back to bed and then put myself back to bed!

This evening I saw a funny thing. Bella was outside of the bed when one of the puppies crawled right up to the edge of it. Bella went over and sort of pushed the puppy back. Pup turned around and stayed in bed. They're so cute and Bella is so good with them.

That's all for now. Hope you liked the new pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new pics and update! I can tell they're growing. I showed the blog to the ladies at work today...I'm so excited and look forward to bringing one of the girls home in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, wonderful people, for doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete