Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update on Bella & Pups

The puppies are now 16 days old. Eyes are open, ears up and they crawl around. Their time is spent eating and sleeping. They're still too young to play.

We have good news. One of the little girls has an approved home so is spoken for. Her new mom hasn't decided which girl. She wants to see what their personalities are. "Aunt Kelly" is very excited too. Plus there's Lilly who will be the sister/buddy/best dog friend for this lucky puppy. It's a great home.

Bella isn't producing enough milk so I supplement the pups with tube feedings. The minute they're 4 weeks old I'll start offering them food. They look good though and are healthy. No problems at all other than not enough milk from Bella.

Here's a picture I took of Bella today. She likes to take a break from the puppies and now feels comfortable enough to wander the house.
Sorry for the blur in the photo. She was moving or maybe it was that I didn't hold the camera still enough. I think she looks so much better than when she first came here. She's no longer worried or afraid. I guess you could say she's at home and has left the past behind.
Photobucket

1 comment: